Friday 7 November 2014

Tmesis Theater Company Workshop

Tmesis Theater Company Workshop



We started off with our usual warm - up and training, however 2 people, a man and a woman, came into our lesson and told us they were from 'Tmesis Theater Company'. They were here to teach us a bit more about physical theater techniques.

We began by walking around in a circle and stomping our feet on every fourth count. This was to get us prepared for the upcoming techniques that we had to do for the rest of the workshop. I found this warm up fun and laughable. It was also very easy for us to do.

Secondly, we had to get into 2 lines and do 2 different emotions. One line had to do a happy emotion, and the other line (the line I was in) had to do a sad emotion. When we finished this, we all had to get into one big line and do both emotions. This was a good experience because I now know how dramatic the emotions should be sometimes if I'm performing them.

Next, we got into pairs and had to come up with some ideas of different movements. Most of the movements we needed to interpret were movements that were animal - like and inhuman. Most of the animal - like movements were shown to be birds or wild animals. I worked with Eleni for the exercise. When we performed, I felt dissapointed because I felt like I hadn't done as well as I thought because the woman who was working with us kept pointing out little things that I came up with and saying they weren't good enough, so I didn't enjoy this part as much as the others.

Afterwards, we had to get into new pairs. This time I worked with Megan, from Year 2. We had to come up with an idea of love and connection through movement. We began the sequence to show that we were very close and for some reason something was breaking us apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment