Friday 28 November 2014

Katie Foley Friday's lesson

We decided to go over our latest dance that we have learnt. The dance is a fast - moving dance to the song 'Braveheart' by Neon Jungle. The dance involves types of grotesque movements, hand gestures, twerking and floor movement.

We went over it today so we could improve it. Although I can do most of the moves, I sometimes feel as though I look lazy performing it because I can't keep up with the rest of the class. Three of them are good dancers because they have had past experience in dance, so I sometimes feel like I am not as good as them because they can do it perfectly. Sometimes, it can give me a type of anxiety because I don't feel confident enough and I will end up looking like I am not putting any effort into it.

We have also started to begin a rough run - through of the performance from start to finish. It has all been going rather smoothly up to now. However, we do need to remember which scene goes where. So apart from that, everything is still okay.

We have had to change some elements in the show. So for example, Chloe will not be singing in the show because the backing track for the song she was originally going to be singing will be taken out because the backing track is not as intense as the original song. So Chloe will possibly be singing another song but for a new scene, and for this one she will be doing ghostly movements, because her character is meant to have died.

We have also added a new element in the grotesque dance. This element is when we get closer together, we start to sing 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. I enjoy doing this element because it is something different to add in the performance and it is a funny element. The audience will not be expecting this in the show and they will enjoy watching it. This is another reason I enjoy doing this part of the show.

1 comment:

  1. There is evidence of some insight into the process here, and you are beginning to show a little more depth in your posts, but generally this blog doesn't communicate your full involvement in the creation of this piece.

    ReplyDelete